The development of Falmouth Docks began in 1858 and the foundation stone was laid by Viscount Falmouth in 1860 although the location of this stone is not known. The first ship to enter the docks arrived in 1861.
Viscount Falmouth laying the foundation stone at Falmouth Docks, Cornwall - credit Falmouth Art Gallery
The Docks are currently managed and operated by A&P. At present Falmouth has three graving docks that provide up to 100,000 dwt dry dock capacity. There is a total wharfage with craneage and all other technical services, of 2.5km.
Further info on Falmouth Docks click here