Gyllyngdune Gardens were completed in 1907 with the official opening conducted from the bandstand situated in the gardens. The Princess Pavilion was added in 1910. Adjacent to the Princess Pavilion complex are the upper Gyllyngdune Gardens, consisting of the verandah, original Edwardian bandstand and greenhouse, which are used for garden fetes and afternoon and evening band concerts.
This section of the gardens is set out formally and is extremely well cared for, being an exquisite vista during the spring and summer season for the residents and visitors to Falmouth. A few minutes stroll down through the rose garden, past the secret grotto and monolithic arch, brings you to the seafront with wonderful views of Pendennis Castle and Gyllyngvase Beach.
Free entry & parking on site
Open all year
Winter: Morning – Dusk
Summer: Morning - Dusk or 11pm during evening performance
The Garden Room, bar & bistro
Open for lunch, dinner & refreshments.
+ Sunday lunches + pre-show meals.
General opening times:
Autumn/Winter: Daily 12pm–5pm. + Weds–Sat 6.30pm–9pm
Spring/Summer: Daily 11am-late
Bookings advisable, especially at busy times: 01326 211222
How to get here
The gardens are a 5-10 minute walk from the seafront, town centre, the Maritime Museum, Gyllyngvase Beach and Pendennis Castle.
First Group no 41 Troon to Falmouth, Via Camborne, Tuckingmill, Redruth, Lanner & Tremough.
The Maritime Line runs a twice hourly service between Truro and Falmouth. Falmouth Docks stop is a convenient 500m walk away.
Free parking is available on site. Additional parking is available at Gyllyngvase Beach.
Gyllyngdune Gardens Restoration project
The Gyllyngdune Gardens project has completed a £2.3 million scheme to refurbish the gardens and part of the Princess Pavilion. Almost £1 million of the money has been awarded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the balance from Cornwall Council and Carrick Leisure.
This fantastic scheme commenced in March 2010 and is now complete so come on down and see for yourself!