A museum to have fun in, whatever the weather!
The National Maritime Museum Cornwall has a range of exciting exhibitions and events planned throughout 2019, including Titanic Stories, Sir Robin Knox-Johnston – A World Of My Own and Pirate School.
March 2019 – January 2020: Titanic Stories (Extended by popular demand!)
Our major exhibition TITANIC STORIES examines the stories of the Titanic’s most momentous sinking on 15 April 1912, re-appraising many of the myths, controversies and assumptions that sill linger around one of the most well-known historic events of the 20th century.
Working in collaboration with private collectors from overseas and national museums in the UK, TITANIC STORIES presents rare and never-seen-before objects, as well as retelling the personal stories of many of the survivors, victims and descendants of the Titanic disaster, including those from Cornwall.
Easter Holidays and May Half Term: Survivals Skills with Footsteps of Discovery
Imagine you are stranded on a desert island – well no need to panic as extreme survival experts ‘Footsteps of Discovery’ will show you how to stay alive with a series of talks and demonstrations.
Summer Holidays: Pirate School
In our fun packed sessions; learn what every budding Buccaneer needs to know about being a pirate in the “Golden Age Of Piracy”!
What you’ll learn at our Pirate School…
- How to load a cannon and different types of shot
- What you might eat and drink
- Learn to find your way around a ship
- Handle some pirate treasure!
- Learn to sing a shanty to work to
- What weapons you might fight with and why – and what terrible wounds you might get and how they might be treated!
- Hear the amazing tales of the pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read; and learn of the daring and wicked exploits of other infamous pirates – such as Blackbeard, Black Bart and Sam Bellamy
National Maritime Museum Cornwall
Cornwall TR11 3QY
T: 01326 313388
F: 01326 317878
The Museum is open every day of the year from 10am – 5pm, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Buy a full price individual ticket and get in free to the National Maritime Museum Cornwall for a year!
Children (Under 18s) £6.50
Children (Under 5s) Free