CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) USEFUL INFORMATION
We as a Town Team are of course monitoring the situation closely and following all Government and Public Health Guidelines. These are fluid and changing on a daily basis as you are aware. Our plans, events as well as other activity will be amended as is necessary. We will communicate any changes digitally, socially and via the local media. Furthermore we will provide advice, support and initiatives for our business and resident communities as much as is possible.
- Coronavirus Government response
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. Find out the latest government advice and NHS guidance on how to protect yourself and others.
- Public advice
Find out up to date information on the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you’re a returning traveller and what the government is doing about the virus.
- Guidance for employers and businesses
This will assist you in providing advice to your staff on COVID-19, how to help prevent the spread of respiratory infections, what to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in business settings and actions to take if staff come into contact with someone who is self-isolating or is a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You can also find out how to protect yourself or check if you need medical help on the NHS website.
- Cornwall Council dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government Support Helpline 0300 456 3565 open Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm
- Volunteer Cornwall Helpline ( for anyone who needs help with shopping, collecting medicines or other practical help and support) 01872 email@example.com.
- COVID-19 Cornwall Directory – support helplines.
- HMRC Tax helpline 0800 024 1222 – a new tax helpline has been established with around 2,000 call handlers on hand to offer advice. See more details here.