New regulations, NHS Test and Trace App and QR Codes
- The Government has announced that certain businesses and community venues will be legally required to enforce the rule of six collect and contact details from customers and retain them for a period of 21 days. Those failing to do so could face prosecution.
- Businesses will also be required to display QR codes for the new NHS Covid-19 app at their premises by Thursday, September 24th . Displaying the QR codes will make it easier for customers and visitors with smartphones to check-in safely and securely to a premises by scanning the code.
- This new rule will apply to all venues from the following sectors, including settings run by local authorities:
2. Leisure and tourism
3. Close contact services
4. Places of worship
5. Local authority venues and
6. Community organisation with a physical location that is open to the public
Please see the following resources: