Falmouth Does Green!
There is always something small we can do that collectively can make a BIG difference! Here are some suggestions:
1. Look for the leaf – look out for businesses adopting the Green Tourism Business Scheme policies on conservation and better environmental business practices.
2. Shop local – Cornwall has built a fantastic reputation for its local produce and food. Why not sample some of the Cornish fayre on offer in and around Falmouth? You’ll find a thriving farmer’s market scene (Tuesdays in Falmouth on The Moor), local food outlets and food and drink festivals.
3. Use public transport – Falmouth is well connected to the rest of the county by water, road and rail. Falmouth has a fantastic park and float scheme, excellent bus services and The Maritime Line that connects the town to Truro by train . Visit our local transport pages here.
4. Cycle – along coastal lanes and bridleways or through wooded valleys, with great views and picnic stops seemingly at every turn. Check out our Falmouth cycle page here for downloadable local cycle routes.
5. Get walking – with miles and miles of walking trails and the famed South West Coast path that runs right through the middle of Falmouth, its time to grab the walking boots, grab a pack up and camera and get going! Visit our Falmouth walking page here for route ideas and downloads.
6. Pick up your litter – adopt the phrase ‘leave nothing but footprints’. Take litter home with you and recycle wherever you can. There are sure to be local events organised by community volunteer groups, so pop into the Famouth Visitor Information Centre to find out what’s on when you visit.
7. Support local initiatives – why not participate in beach cleaning parties, hedgerow clearances or fundraising walks?