Health and Wellbeing
Our mental wellbeing is important and can have a real impact on the community we live in. Information about Coronavirus or COVID-19 is all over the news on TV and the radio. This can give feelings of stress and being overwhelmed with the unknown and uncertainty over the spread of the virus.
- Nightlink is Cornwall’s free-phone listening service for anyone 18 years+, who is experiencing or has experienced emotional distress. Tel: 0808 800306 6pm to 10pm Mon – Thurs.
- Safer Futures (domestic abuse helpline): firstname.lastname@example.org/03007774777.
- The Safeguarding Children Partnership details can be found here (for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly).
- Young Minds – See here for mental health support for young people.
- Falmouth Age Concern telephone service.
- SPACE – Information for parents and children about being safe or staying connected.
- A temporary telephone and online wellbeing support service for 10-16 year olds who are struggling with their emotional health during the COVID-19 situation. Click here for more information.
- You can see a full list of contacts for support in Cornwall here.
There is a variety of aid out there for all to make use of, from Cornwall Council’s mental health and well-being advice, to online free fitness classes, to mental health helplines. Take a look at what is available here: