Key Stats & Facts
What sets Falmouth apart?
* Award-winning – recently awarded prestigious accolade of GB High St Best Coastal Community
* Broadband coverage of 99% and set to have the most advanced broadband network in Europe with the Superfast Cornwall project. This has seen early rollout across the Falmouth area
* One of the lowest empty retail unit rates of any town in the South West at 5%. National average is around 11%
* Only town in Cornwall that has a ‘Town Team’ – the joint resource of a Town Management Function and Business Improvement District (BID) working in partnership to drive forward destination marketing, festivals, business training and more
* The third deepest natural harbour in the world and a rapidly growing marine industry
* Home to a thriving cluster of creative businesses
* Home to the much-loved Falmouth Art Gallery which hosts regular, exciting exhibitions and offers free entry.
* A key resort in the UK’s number one visitor destination. Cornwall receives 4 million annual visitors in a tourism economy worth over £1bn
* The strongest year round events programme of any town in Cornwall. Surveys show that, out of 4 million visitors to Cornwall each year, 49% are motivated to travel by events/festivals which puts Falmouth at the forefront of event visits.
* Exciting growth of Falmouth University now one of the leading arts universities in the UK and University of Exeter Cornwall campus, that combine to help drive a year round ecomony
* Site of one of the world’s most advanced R&D and testing facilities for wave energy and marine renewables